With Meishi, Chenab takes you on a journey through the Orient by bringing for you authentic ingredients for Cuisines from China, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, India. Great for traditional Asian recipes made in professional or home kitchens. Meishi offers you Oyster mushrooms of Indian origin! Meishi Oyster Mushrooms match the imported Oyster mushrooms in their delicious umami flavour. Oyster mushroom is the rich source of protein, vitamins, minerals, fibre and other antioxidants like selenium protect body cells from damage that might lead to chronic diseases and help to strengthen the immune system. Oyster mushroom is low in calories, fat free Cholesterol free and very low in sodium. consumption of oyster mushroom decrease the risk of diabetes, obesity etc. and increase the immunity system of body. Dried Oyster mushrooms are generally small, averaging 2 to 5 centimeters in diameter, and are comprised of flat, shriveled, wrinkled, and slightly curled caps with little to no stems. When dried, the mushrooms are brittle, delicate, and slightly leathery, appearing in light brown to pale grey shades. Dried Oyster mushrooms need to be reconstituted before use, and when rehydrated, the mushrooms are mild, sweet, and earthy with a slightly chewy, tender, and meaty texture. Dried Oyster mushrooms should be rehydrated before use and soaked in warm water for 15 minutes, they can be used as a replacement for fresh mushroom. The taste of the sun dried oyster mushroom is intact and is delicious. Once reconstituted, the mushrooms can be incorporated into any recipe calling for Oyster mushrooms. The tender, meaty texture of Oyster mushrooms complements stir-fries, soups, stews, etc. Whole, Dried Oyster mushrooms will keep for long time when stored in a sealed container in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
You can use them as:
1) A soft, slightly earthy addition to stir-fry recipes.
2) A beautiful topper for your favorite salad.
With Meishi dried oyster mushroom you can make dishes like – Oyster Mushroom Curry, Oyster Mushroom Chutney, Oyster mushroom pulao, Oyster mushroom fried pakora, add them in salads, in pasta, use as a pizza topping, many more.
Benefits of Oyster Mushrooms:
1) Oyster mushrooms are loaded with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other important nutrients. They’re also low in carbohydrates, so they’re a good choice for people following low carb dietary patterns.
2) Oyster mushrooms provide antioxidants, which are substances that help reduce cellular damage in your body.
3) Oyster mushrooms may promote heart health by reducing heart disease risk factors like high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
4) Oyster mushrooms may support your immune system.
5) In addition to offering potential health benefits, these mushrooms are prized for their culinary uses. All their parts are edible.